Monday, August 27, 2012

A Walk in the Park

At Hundertwasser Haus
On Saturday I went to a picnic with the International Church of Vienna. It was nice to meet a few of the people at the church, although there are not many people my age there. After the picnic, my host and a few of her friends took me around the city to show me the sights. We started at Hundertwasser Village, a neat place in Vienna that an artist built. The streets and the buildings are completely uneven, and there are no matching windows or straight lines anywhere on the building.
After that, we went to the city center, where I had my first Viennese gelato (chocolate of course!). We saw the Imperial Palace, the House of Parliament, and Rathaus (the city hall). There is a summer film festival going on at the city hall, and tonight we are going to see a live streaming of an Adele Concert from Albert Hall. There are tons of international food vendors surrounding the festival and they light the  hall up in all different colors at night.




Rathaus
    I still have not heard back from the Christian school here, but I am desperately trying to switch over so that I can fulfill all of the requirements of the internship. They seem to be very busy at the school as it is starting on Tuesday. Please pray that they get back to me soon and let me know if I can complete my internship there!


Gloria and Romina (L-R) my tour guides!

Part of the Imperial Palace

The Imperial Gardens
Rathaus (City Hall)

Horses and Carriages by St. Stephen's 

St. Stephen's Cathedral

1 comment:

  1. What a beautiful place!! Hope you are having amazing adventures!

    ReplyDelete