Saturday, August 18, 2012

Vienna!

The airport in NY - there was terrible flooding!
I'm safely in Vienna! God made the way pretty smooth so far. I am settled in the apartment with my hostess and made my first trip to the school today! Taking mass transport was a bit scary for me because I'm not used to it, but it turned out to be fairly easy. As long as no one asks me a question in German, I'll be ok.







The farthest I've ever been from home!
The staff at the school are very kind and helpful. I met my cooperating teacher who was very nice. Unfortunately, I have to do a lot of paperwork with the local authorities in order to live and teach here. I was kind of hoping that my visa would be enough. : )

On the downside, I have a terrible ear infection that is keeping me awake from the pain at night. It's hard to adjust to the time difference and even make it through the day with this infection. Please pray that it goes away quickly! God is a great healer!

View from apartment

My room

Living room

1 comment:

  1. You made it safely!! I'm sooo excited for you! I'll be praying for your ear infection and that everything continues to go smoothly for you :) Can't wait to see you in November!!

    ReplyDelete