Thursday, October 15, 2015

Whole30

I was diagnosed with Hashimoto's thyroiditis in April of 2015. Since then I have done some research that shows that about 90% of people with this autoimmune disorder are also dairy and gluten intolerant, and that these things can cause flare-ups to the autoimmune disorder. Enter visit to nutritionist who recommended Whole 30.
Day One:

Breakfast: 
  Three scrambled eggs (with a splash on Almond-milk that is Aldi brand)
  An onion and pepper mix 
   Mrs. Dash no-salt garlic and herb seasoning

   A banana

Lunch:
  Boneless/skinless chicken breast (I just cooked this in the oven and then cut it up)
  A stir-fry of onion, green pepper, yellow zucchini, carrots, and spinach cooked in coconut oil and with Mrs. Dash no-salt garlic and herb seasoning.

Snack: Two larabars. ( I know this isn't the greatest thing to do, but I was really hungry and running late with grocery shopping after school and all)

Dinner:
    Steak in a Chipotle-style salad. 
     
   - avacado
  -  red onion
       - iceburg lettuce
        - spinach
        - green pepper
        - tomato
        - lime juice and garlic powder on top
Dessert: A banana and a cup of unsweetened applesauce with cinnamin on top
Day one COMPLETE! (end date = Dec 13 if I follow my nutritionist's advice and do 60 days)
 (*I did eat a teaspoon of horseradish sauce on a bite of steak. I will try to not slip up like that....)

No comments:

Post a Comment