Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Fall Break

A view from Monday morning

The snow on my walk to work
Well, ICSV is now on our Fall Break until November 5th. On Monday and Tuesday we had professional development with a team from Biola Univeristy, and a hilarious staff talent-show on Monday night. We also recieved the first snowfall of the season on Monday. I woke up to about an inch of snow and freezing weather, but it was beautiful! 
        Today I did some lesson planning so that I'm ready to jump back into school on Monday. I also baked muffins to eat as I travel with my brother, who is currently en route to Austria! We are going to visit Vienna, Venice, Salzburg, and Hallstatt. I also went shopping with a friend today and heard Christmas music playing in the stores - Happy Halloween! Actually, Halloween is not a big deal in Austria. I saw two people dressed up, but for the most part there is no trick-or-treating and the people do not make much of the holiday.



Banana Oatmeal Muffins!  
God has been continuing to bless me here. I have had wonderful experiences with friends from the school and have been welcomed so much by the staff. I went to brunch at my pastor's house with a group of young people on Sunday, and I really feel that I am exactly where God wants me. I have really enjoyed attending Grace Church here and have found it to be a good fit. Having a good home church is so important in feeling "at home" in a place. Pastor Mason and his wife are very caring and welcoming people. 





No comments:

Post a Comment